Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Neglected Classics

I started reading The Flight of Gemma Hardy earlier this week but found it boring.  Instead of forcing myself to finish it, I decided to sort through my bookshelves and find some books I've been meaning to read but haven't gotten around to picking up.  Now, I have a nice little pile of to-be-read books including Rebecca, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, and Out of Africa.  At present, I'm reading Awakening by Kate Chopin, and I'm truly loving it.  I haven't read much literature since I graduated with my English degree, and I'm just now recalling how much I love reading the classics.  This is going to be the year I finally pick up all those George Eliot, Frances Burney, and John Galsworthy books I've been leaving to languish on my shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment